It’s that time of year again– blogUT is looking towards next year, and searching for a Junior Editor or two to help the club grow, change, and continue to provide excellent content and run smoothly.
If you had dreams of being SUPER involved in extracurriculars but it’s now January and you’re looking for something to do (hey– it happens/happened to the best of us) please consider applying!
During your time as Junior Editor, you’ll be trained on everything blogUT. You’ll learn how to write and edit posts, communicate with other campus clubs, manage basic finances, and lead an amazing team of people. This is a great opportunity for those of you who’d like to get more involved in student life. And an added bonus? It’ll be a great addition to your resume.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is in first or second year
- Can write/respond to emails quickly and professionally
- Has an understanding of how a good blog should look in terms of format
- Pays attention to detail
- Has a basic knowledge of how to use WordPress or other web publishing platforms
- Has excellent spelling and grammar
- Can devote 2-3 hours per week to blogUT activities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Editing blog posts and comments regularly
- Updating our Twitter feed and Facebook profile
- Responding to emails from various organizations about events that are going on
- Finding out about events that would be of interest to blogUT readers
- Contacting event organizers for press passes
- Helping to make decisions about finances
- Helping to organize meetings
- Doing paperwork for the UTSU (ie. applying for funding)
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks, such as creating new user accounts and helping contributors with problems using WordPress
- Coming up with ideas on how to improve the blog (both functionally and aesthetically)
To apply, email us at email@example.com with the subject ‘Junior Editor’ answering the following questions (in no more than 100 words each) by 11:59pm on FRIDAY FEBRUARY 7, 2014:
- Who are you? What are you studying? Tell us about yourself.
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think that you are qualified for this position?
- What is something new, fresh, and innovative that you will bring to blogUT?
- Give us some constructive criticism on how we are running– how you think we can improve
Be creative in your application! We pride ourself on our flexible, welcoming, and stress-free club.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you- please feel free to contact us with any questions!
Louis and Madeleine, co-editors blogUT