blogUT is looking for two Junior Editors to carry on the torch! All of our editors are graduating but we need to make sure that blogUT lives on and continues to produce great content.
For the next few months as a Junior Editor, we will be training you on the awesome and mysterious inner workings of blogUT.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is in first, second, or third year
- Ability to write respond to emails quickly and professionally
- Have an understanding of how a good blog should look, in terms of layout, etc.
- Pays attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of how to use WordPress or other web publishing platform
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to devote 2-3 hours per week to blogUT activities
What your responsibilities will be:
- Editing blogs and comments on a regular basis
- Updating our Twitter feed and Facebook profile
- Responding to emails from various organizations about events that are going on
- Finding out about events that would be of interest to blogUT readers
- Contacting event organizers for press passes
- Helping to make decisions about finances
- Helping to organize meetings
- Doing paperwork for the UTSU (ex. applying for funding)
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks, such as creating new user accounts and helping contributors with problems using WordPress
- Coming up with ideas on how to help the blog run better
To apply, shoot us an email with the following info by NOVEMBER 30th:
- A brief intro about who you are, what you are studying, etc.
- Why you are interested in this position
- Why you think you are qualified for this position
- Something new, fresh, and innovative that you will bring to blogUT
- Constructive criticism on how we are currently operating